What she should have done is say, "Yes, I voted for him and yes I support some of the policies for which he stands like raising the minimum wage. However, I do not support his continued attack on the coal industry and would like to go to Washington to convince him to cease and desist." Obviously, they would have tied her to Barack Obama but so what? As I have said many times, put him on the ballot and let him kick the GOP's ass a third time.
Speaking of Barack Obama, I'm pretty amused by the hysteria over his "low" approval ratings. RCP average has him at 42 percent which is 4 points above his lowest single rating (38 percent, Sept 2014). Compare this to the last 8 presidents and their lowest approval ratings.
• George W. Bush: 25 percent in October 2008.
• Bill Clinton: 37 percent in May 1993.
• George H.W. Bush: 29 percent in July 1992.
• Ronald Reagan: 35 percent in January 1983.
• Jimmy Carter: 28 percent in June 1979.
• Gerald Ford: 37 percent in March 1975.
• Richard Nixon: 24 percent in August 1974
• Lyndon Johnson: 35 percent in 1968.Doesn't really look all that bad now, does it?